Tested to the extreme:
Backed by serious research in our international labs and extensive testing in the field, LifeStraw® water filters have been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions.
The same high-tech design used in places like Haiti, Pakistan, Peru, Kenya, Indonesia, DR Congo, South Africa, Mexico, and Bangladesh is now available for consumers.
You can drink directly from lakes, rivers, or your water bottle. Simply put the lower part of the straw in the water, and sip through the other end. After drinking, blow back into it to clear the filter.
The technology behind LifeStraw has been featured on CNN, Fast Company, BBC, Time, and the New York Times. The LifeStraw has won numerous awards, including the INDEX Award, the Well-Tech Award for Innovative Technology, and TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions Award.
Used in the harshest conditions on earth, the LifeStraw was developed as an emergency relief tool to provide access to clean water to people affected by conflict or disasters. LifeStraws are supplied to government and aid groups around the world. A portion of domestic sales support donations overseas.
Features & Benefits:
- Filters at least 264 gallons (1,000 liters) to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan cysts (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity by filtering particles of approx 0.2 microns
- Very lightweight, weighs just 2 oz (57grams)
- Easy to use, BPA Free, contains no chemicals, uses no batteries and has no moving parts
- Used in the harshest conditions in developing countries since 2005
- 1 year warranty
LifeStraw removes bacteria, including:
- E. coli
- Vibrio cholerae
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
LifeStraw removes protozoa, including:
- Giardia lamblia (“Beaver Fever”)
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica.
The LifeStraw does not filter heavy metals or viruses, and will not desalinate water. See our LifeStraw Family 1.0 which will filter viruses.
Length: 8.75 inches
Width: 1 inch
Weight: 2 ounces
Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece